Marrakech and the Sahara desert 5 days. This itinerary offers a wide variety of experiences, from exploring ancient fortified cities to enjoying the beauty of the Sahara Desert. Be sure to plan ahead and book accommodation and transportation to make the most of your trip to Morocco.
Marrakech and the Sahara desert 5 days
Day 1: City of Origin – Marrakech
This day is dedicated to getting to Marrakech from your home city, which may include a flight or a train or bus ride, depending on your location.
Once you arrive in Marrakech, you could explore the city a bit, perhaps visiting the famous Jemaa el-Fna Square, known for its markets, street artists and restaurants.
Day 2: Marrakech – Aït Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Dadès Valley
In the morning, you will depart Marrakech for Aït Ben Haddou, a stunning fortified village that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You will then continue to Ouarzazate, known as the “Gate of the Desert”, where you could visit the Atlas film studio, which has been used in many famous films.
Finally, you will drive to the Dadès Valley, a beautiful valley in the Atlas Mountains, where you will spend the night.
Day 3: Todra Gorge – Merzouga Erg Chebbi – Sahara Desert
On this day, you will explore the spectacular Todra Gorge, famous for its high rock cliffs and the Todra River.
You will then continue your journey towards Merzouga, where you will venture into the heart of the Sahara Desert and experience the stunning Erg Chebbi dunes.
You will spend the night in a desert camp, giving you the opportunity to gaze at a beautiful starry sky and experience Bedouin culture.
Day 4: Sahara Desert – Merzouga – Valley of Roses – Marrakech
In the morning, you could enjoy a sunrise camel ride through the Sahara dunes before returning to Merzouga.
Next, you will head towards the Valley of Roses, known for its rose bushes and rose-related products.
Finally, you will begin the journey back to Marrakech, where you will spend the night.
Day 5: Marrakech – City of Origin
This day will mainly be for returning to your home city from Marrakech, either via flight or a train or bus trip, depending on your travel plans.
- Welcome and transfer from the airport to the hotel (also the return trip).
- 2 nights accommodation in a riad hotel in Marrakech.
- 1 night accommodation in a Hotel in Dadès Gorge.
- 1 night accommodation in a Berber camp tent.
- All breakfasts.
- Shared excursion to the desert 3 days 2 nights, with hotel pickup in Marrakech.
- Guide in Aït Ben Haddou in Spanish
- Guide in Dadès Gorge
- Guide in Spanish for the camel excursion.
- Dinner at the Garganta de Dàdes hotel.
- Traditional Moroccan dinner in the Sahara desert Erg Chebbi (Merzouga).
- Camel excursion through the dunes
- Transfer to the camp by 4*4 (optional to go by quad).
- Local driver, meals and fuel.
- Travel assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days.
- Tickets to monuments or shows not indicated “included” in the previous section.
- Meals, dinners and drinks not included in the previous section.